Erasmus Without Paper allows Higher Education Institutions with their own in-house developed IT systems or 3rd party mobility software providers to connect to the Erasmus Without Paper Network.
The EWP Network consists of:
- A registry, which is available on the EWP server and can be understood as an address book of all the partners involved in the EWP Network and mobility services they support.
- A set of services (APIs) for different steps of the Erasmus+ mobility process. Each institution/organisation can decide to implement different services, depending on which data they want to exchange.
For an institution/organisation to start exchanging data with others, it will need to create and publish a manifest file on your institution/organisation’s server. This file will describe which data you want to exchange.
The goal behind this architecture is to give you as an institution/organisation the flexibility to implement EWP in your software solution for manging Erasmus+ mobilities as you see fit, while at the same time making it compatible with all other software systems.
To implement a connection with the Erasmus Without Paper Network, you will need to
- Get familiar with the technical documentation and the mobility business processes – We have created elaborate technical documentation for your IT team. To start implementing the connectors at your institution/organisation, please go to the developer portal of Erasmus Without Paper: https://developers.erasmuswithoutpaper.eu/
- Implement the Echo and Discovery APIs – these are the most basic APIs that will allow you to be visible in the EWP Network and to communicate with other parties.
- Provide us with the URL where you are hosting your discovery manifesto – this will allow us to add you to the registry to start communicating with other organisations/institutions.
For more information go to the EWP Competence Center.
Overview of material & tools
Presentation held at European University Information Systems (EUNIS) conference 2018 (by Janina Mincer-Daszkiewicz)